Excellent service! I had terrible anxiety about dentist offices from a poor experience when I was a kid. I ended up not going to the dentist for many years as an adult, resulting in many problems. Ultimately, one day, I had a dental emergency and found Bridgetown Dental, who got me in immediately. I had so much fear about dentist offices that I was tearful during the initial consult. However, Dr. Kaady never shamed me for my worry. He was kind, explained everything about the procedure, and took the time to make me feel like he cared about my teeth and experience. I totally survived the cavity-filling! He asked if I would return (I had a lot more cavities) and start regular cleanings. Five years later, I am still a patient here! Valerie, who cleans my teeth, is wonderful! Everyone here is exceptional, professional, and friendly. I decline to go anywhere else. Bridgetown Dental cured my dentist office anxiety, and I highly recommend them!
General Dental Care Keeps Your Smile Looking & Feeling Good
General dental services are the cornerstone of good oral hygiene. Except for daily brushing and flossing at home, there’s nothing more important you can do for your smile than keep up with your general dental care. Routine dental care with a holistic approach helps us catch small problems while they’re still easily treatable. This helps prevent major damage to your smile. At our office you’ll find:
- Dental Cleanings and Exams – During your regular checkup, we’ll perform a complete dental exam, including an oral cancer screening. We’ll also take panoramic and bitewing X-rays for an up-close look at your teeth roots, bones, and nerves. We completely clean and polish all your teeth so they sparkle. Finally, we’ll discuss options for needed treatment with you.
- Preventive Services – If we spot evidence of tooth decay, we may diagnose fluoride treatment or tooth sealants. When fluoride is applied directly to tooth enamel, it makes it stronger and more resistant to bacteria-produced acids that can cause decay. Tooth sealants on your molars form a protective barrier against decay-causing bacteria.
- Gum Disease Treatment – We have several ways to treat gum disease. One of the most popular is deep cleaning with scaling and root planing. We’ll remove plaque, tartar, and bacteria from around and under your tooth roots so they can begin to heal. We might supplement your cleaning with ozone treatment, an innovative procedure that kills bacteria, fungi, viruses, and protozoans, plus removes the waste products they leave behind. We also add Arestin, an antibiotic that is applied directly to your teeth and roots, to eliminate bacteria and treat the infection.
- Custom Mouthguards – Several types of mouthguards can be made just for you, including some that are made in-house. You’ll find athletic mouthguards to wear during sports, teeth grinding (bruxism) night guards to protect your tooth enamel against damage, and TMJ appliances to relieve pressure on your jaw joints so they can begin to heal.
- Chronic Dry Mouth Treatment – Our team can offer advice on specialty products that can be used to manage the symptoms of chronic dry mouth. Your mouth will feel better and more lubricated.
Call Bridgetown Dental today at 503-809-4742 for Portland general dentistry with a holistic approach. You can also make an appointment online.